Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Winning one at a time...

I still can't get over the fact that I have returned time and time again to blogging. I use to think I need it. But I realize I don't. And by blogging, I know that I expose myself to critique, to people knowing my thoughts (well, some of them), and goodness knows what else. But I think if I don't write enough, I will soon lose the ability to construct my thoughts into deliverable packages to chew on. This would be bad since one of my passions is to make things understandable to the layman and to communicate profound ideas in a simplistic manner.

Also, I think I need to write to expand my vocabulary. =)

Today's title is 'Winning one at a time'. In terms of efficiency, this would really get a person down. =) But in terms of getting to know a person, there is no better way, I think. As I look around me, there are so many faces I do not yet know. There are so many lives but have yet to have the opportunity get to know them.

In the past, I had been trying to 'target' whom to get to know, putting a lot of effort in taking initiatives, inviting them out, or even emailing. I've learnt that sometimes, you meet with a wall. No matter how hard you try, the wall remains. Cold, emotionless, unapproachable. Perhaps 'wall' should be replaced with 'fortress'.

(At Elijah House, in a seminar, it was shared that MOST of the times, the man is at fault for a marriage breakdown. He builds a fortress so well protected that the woman cannot get to his heart, and that is all that she wants to do. After awhile, she gives up, and then he realizes she's gone and it's too late.)

So, fortress is the right word to use, I think. For some lah.

So, I have learnt my lesson. In building relationships, if I meet with a fortress, unless I really HAVE to, it won't be my priority to get through it. Instead, I will turn my attention and energy towards those who are open and ready to be known. Don't waste my time. (Gosh, I can sound pretty harsh...but those who know me...well, they know.)

I've looked around and I think there are just so many to know. I've been bias towards a few because they were 'popular'. Lord, forgive me. Open my eyes to see what You see and touch those You want to touch now.

No comments: