Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

From the mountain...

...to the valley of the shadow of death.

Pastor Reynold was musing about this. That I had to come down from the mountain top and the first thing that I have to handle is a funeral of a 17 year old.

I hate these kind of funerals.

The other day it was the funeral of a 7 day old baby. Today it is a 17 year old boy.

These 'premature' leavings are often harder to minister at. What do you say? How do you comfort? You just grieve with those who grieve. And when you hear the anguished cries and the uncontrollable tears...how can you even sing 'To God be the glory'?

Are Christians/Pastors bipolar? At one point, we can clap and praise the Lord and be speaking with joy in our voice. At another point, just a few hours later, we cry with those who cry and sing praise songs contemplatively...bringing a sacrifice of praise hesitantly.

Here's an ironic closing statement, which would seem heartless if read in the wrong light: Life goes on...

1 comment:

zewt said...

Guess we can never comprehend God...