I knew the day would come. Being barred from seeing the fellow and not very much liked by his family anymore, it would prove to be almost impossible to mentor him. In addition to the fact that I am slow to move.
The fellow cited that he would need a guy mentor (something I did say earlier) since the stuff he goes through needs to be shared with a guy. Am not particularly discouraged, as I do think he would be better off with a guy who is more accessible to him and someone he can relate to.
As a pastor intern, I know that no longer being a mentor does not mean I will be any less involved in his life nor does it lessen the covering I am supposed to pray over him. It's funny...to get rid of Melissa from a person's life in church is quite hard. First, you have to get rid of her as an immediate leader. Then, you have to get rid of her as a church leader/pastoral care. Then, you have to get rid of her as a friend and acquaintance. So...ya, basically, sever one relationship with Melissa and you're still stuck with another 1 or 2 to get rid off.
The advantages of being an intern? heh...
No comments:
Post a Comment