As I waited for the filter guy to come, I flipped through Asian Beacon's issue on pornography. Never did I realize the effects of it, especially in view of how women are degraded in the male addicts view.
Then, my mind wandered into the worst case scenario stuff. Imagine if the guy like, or boyfriend, or husband was trapped in porn. It's not only his problem lor. It becomes mine too. Because the more submerged he is in it, it means that I would eventually be compared to the almost physically perfect women used to portray that they want to be beaten and enjoy viscous sexual escapades at anytime, anywhere.
If I understand correctly, porn can be as much a threat to a relationship/marriage as a third party seducer or affair. And it's already in the homes of many!
As I read on, some thoughts of how devious Satan is came to mind. An almost helpless thought struck me that all is lost. How can we save our deteriorating society from this invasive corruption? Is it not a futile attempt? Why do we even bother? Yet I can think of at least one brother who struggles with this. And because I love him, I bother. And believe that there's hope. There has to be. The transforming power of God MUST do something to set these prisoners free. He MUST. If He doesn't, we have lost. And the devil laughs maliciously.
How do we, Lord, purge this wickedness from ourselves, our minds, our church, our communities?
My only thought? Prayer. Yet, I do not mean this as an end. Too often we see prayer as something we do when all comes to a seemingly helpless end. We say we pray when we don't know what else to do, have no words to speak. Yet, prayer is not the end. It is the beginning of finding the right solution, it is the seeking of strength to carry on the battle. Prayer and worship are not the end. It is the beginning of an undefeatable process to overcoming the impossible. (Did that make sense?)
Our prayers should propel us to action. Our worship should birth the ministries we endeavor in.
Come, come to Him all you who are weary and heavy laden, He will give you rest. Come with your burdens. Come with your anxiety. Our worship and prayer should be the place where He manifests His glory and imparts wisdom and direction on what we shall do with our burdens, our anxiety, our struggles with sin and bondage.
In every situation, may we be found giving thanks. Thank God for the victory that we have in our Lord Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment