Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Causes & Funds

Sometimes, I just feel grrrr...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

There are websites of many good ministries doing different things...good things. Sometimes, I get 'angry' because I think each ministry seems to be 'competing' to say that their ministry is more important. Sometimes, I get frustrated when it seems that each cause is trying to push their cause, to promote it...to 'cast their vision'.

Sometimes I think we have become so commercialized. By we, I mean Christian 'causes', 'ministries', 'missions'.

We promote our 'community projects', our 'missions', our 'causes' to 'get' people to give to it.

I know we do not do it for our own good or benefit. I know that deep down, and at the root of it, these are stemmed by love for God and wanting to make a change for justice, to help those who have no voice...etc.

I know there is nothing wrong. Yet...I dunno why...it just kills a part of me when I think we're just out to promote OUR ministries. I dunno. Forgive me God if I am judging. I really dunno if this is accuracy in discernment or is it just rebellion against 'causes'.

If it's not against Him, then, let it be. Is this, Lord, what should be the principle?

Maybe it frustrates me because...there are so many causes...and only one me...*cry cry cry* shows me how limited I am...and small...in comparison to the big problems this world faces.

No comments: