Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Great things to come...

Today, as I sat amongst the pastors in our staff meeting, something in my heart moved...was convicted, quietly.

There are things that are going to happen in the future. Some greatly magnificent, some greatly terrifying if we are not prepared.

As I hear Pastor Reynold speak, and we look at what is in store for CBC in the coming years, I am greatly excited, challenged, and in a way...intimidated. Are we ready? Can we make it? Looking at how we were before...will things be dramatically different?

If so, we must change dramatically too. Are we prepared as leaders? To step up a notch?

As I look around me, these men and women who have given their lives to the service of people out of their love for God and honoring their calling in life, they are simple people...we are simple people. Yet...we have a tremendously magnificent and great God! If He says go...shall we not dare? If He says come, shall we not dare?

And I see around me, men and women who will dare...because He says. Not by their abilities, not by their strength, but through His empowering, granted to us by grace, as we place our trust and faith in Him.

We are changing. Things are coming together in a new way. We are excited. There will be 'teething issues' to sort out as we get to know each other more dearly, yet...it is by consensus that we face it head on, clothed and 'armed' with love for each other.

Two things...
I am privileged to work with these men and women and to be loved and accepted by them.

There are great things to come.

There are great things to come.

No comments: